Monday, November 2, 2015

Little Improvements

I went out yesterday for another walk with my Rolling Walker and the walk actually went pretty well! I haven't taken a dive in the last 6 walks! I do get off balance a few times, but I quickly correct it before it becomes a bigger issue. I also no longer need those torso straps (bungees) to keep me centralized in the walker. This indicates that my proprioception and muscle control has improved. I would credit this improvement to continued persistence with training on my walker and possibly a supplement (DMAE) that I started taking about 4 months ago. I don't have any clinical evidence or Doctor recommendations to back DMAE, but I have found many articles stating it's benefits. It was also endorsed on the Dr. Oz show, and a friend of mine who has a TBI is also taking it. His wife turned me on to it and said it was one of the things that has helped her husband to walk. That was all the evidence that I needed. DMAE is a natural, over the counter "pill". Why not give it a go?!

No comments: