Saturday, October 31, 2015

What holds your happiness?

Most of society has had the belief that people in wheelchairs are some how inferior to those able bodied people. Granted, some people are more sensitized and educated about this issue. It took me over 5 years to wash this negative stigma out of my mind. It wasn't until I moved to an area that allowed me to function as Ryan that I truly began to heal and change my mindset. I am now in a w/c in over 50% of my dreams. I believe that I may never be able to walk independently. That's ok. I made peace with that, but it doesn't mean that I'm not going to fight to regain any of those abilities that I had lost. My point is that maybe you need to redefine your idea of happiness. If you can walk but you're not happy, well than who is the disabled one? Something needs to change in your life!


No comments: