Sunday, May 1, 2016

Lessons Learned

My walking w/ my Rollator has progressed to about a 10% Fall Rate. It has taken years of dedicated practice and a calm environment that promotes healthy living to get to this point. Granted, I can only go for about an hour before things get a bit sketchy.
The point that I am hoping to show by posting this is that things that you want may actually be obtainable, but they will require you to push your mind and body to a new level! Basically, flip the switch to ‘ON’ in your head and accept nothing less than success. You are the only one that can determine if your effort has been successful and you need to be the only one to stop yourself! You have to live with the little voice in your head…24/7. It is going to be very difficult to live a happy life and always think “If only…”.
In my case, it’s more than just pushing my body physically. It is rewiring my brain or strengthening those newly established connections. It is training my brain to accept a certain level of discomfort or pain until that becomes just a normal feeling that I can smile about. By doing exactly that, repeatedly, I can continue to build on yesterday’s accomplishments. 
It is just like steps on a ladder. The top is very far away and it is going to take a lot of time, effort, and a certain dedication to move up. One step will take you to the next and so on. This is where the switch flipping thing is highly beneficial. The key is to make sure that you can take advantage of each step so that you continue to advance forward or up, and don’t continuously repeat the same step. Repeating that same step will actually dull your shine and will leave you with no one to point the finger of failure at besides yourself!

No comments: