Saturday, February 4, 2012

Diablo Valley College_Update




I am into almost one month of Speech classes at Diablo Valley College. English was good. Spanish was great. Speech is excellent. I really don’t think that one class was had better material or was taught better than the other.
I believe that my Speech class expounds on the lessons that I have previously learned from those classes. That is the whole basis behind school, right? A person continuously seeks higher eduction and thus he or she keeps climbing up the ladder?
My first few steps up the ladder have been well placed. This feels right. I want to keep climbing!



Last week, I gave my first speech. It was an “Introduction” speech that I chose to give at the podium (standing) in the front of the classroom. I am starting to get an outline together for my next speech, which is due in February.


That first speech did something very positive to my neurons upstairs. I was able to easily remember a few key things that I did not remember previously and I had not even tried to remember them.


A brain may need to re-establish connections and regain key elements of a person's personality that had been lost. To give a speech there are many different parts. An outline or some type of framework is best to start out with, so that you have a clear path of where your going.


Once the frame has been established, now you have to fill in the white space. Now that your speech is basically constructed, you will have to memorize and rehearse it.


After this has repeatedly been done in front of friends or a mirror, one may now be ready to present his or her speech. This is just covering the actual speech part of Speech.


Communication skills and confidence drills are also integrated into the lesson plan. These will help your communication, comprehension, and your interpersonal skills. Once those areas are secure, you free up a lot more energy in your brain.


That energy can be used to further develop the content of your speech or it could be used to improve your social or personnel life.




*Note* I know that the above text is all messed up. I tried fixing it, but blogger.com seems to have a mind of it's own.

No comments: